Wednesday, April 30, 2008
- Cheap, I could NOT see spending $30 at Supercuts for a little trim, yes it is for two kids but really? Why pay someone for something you can do yourself.... Ha Ha Ha
- Ridiculous, what in the world was I thinking? Did I really think that putting something that was buzzing, on their head was going to just be accepted by them?
Bulldozer beforeand afterThis is the way it was supposed to turn out, lucky boy!"Help, my Mom is about to cut my hair!"The Munchkin before
And here is the poor dear, he still is cute though, from the front:)My Husband will be deciding in the morning if they need to have their heads shaved. Only the munchkin would NEED it shaved, but you can't just shave one of them so.....
I will keep you posted.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Have a great day!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
There is still some things on the left that need to be given to specific people, but it sure is A LOT better.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Oh and things I am planning on posting about:
- The finished garage
- Our night out together last Sunday
I have not forgotten about these things. I have been slacking on my household duties since I have started blogging and it is driving me crazy. I am starting to make a list of all the things I have to complete BEFORE I am allowed to blog. Last night I did not finish my list until 11pm so I was not allowed to blog. Hopefully I will be able to finish my "chores" quicker next time. LOL
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
- I got lost getting there, as always. I think I got it this time though, next time it won't happen, I hope.
- Three children went with me, plus one very large blanket, a bottle of Clorox Anywhere spray, a small towel, a bag full of toys and one jam packed lunch box.
- I quickly had to spray down the entire floor in the doctors office while giving the kids portions of their lunch. Then I put the blanket down and when they were done eating, put tons of toys on the blanket. I wanted to bring the pak n' play but it wouldn't fit in the bottom of the stroller.
- The munchkin cooperated and stayed on the blanket, which is really all I needed, somewhere safe for him so I could tend to the bigger kids.
- All would have gone better if we hadn't had to be there for 3 hours.
- The Munchkin graduated from the BPD clinic today. They said he has no signs of his Chronic Lung Disease that he was diagnosed with at birth. We no longer have to go to the BPD clinic anymore. They said he may have allergies or asthma later but we won't know about that until that time comes.
- We do however, have to continue seeing the GI doctor, but we can see her at her office instead of her going to the BPD clinic on only Tuesdays. We can now schedule appointments for my Husbands day off and in the morning!
- The Munchkin has to have to procedures done this month, a PH probe to find out the degree of his acid reflux, which we have had before, and something else where he has to drink something to watch it go into his digestive tract. He is having these because in one month we are going to see if he is gaining weight steadily (he gained 2 ounces this month), if he is not she will already have the evaluation part of the g-tube process done so she can put it in without any delays. She doesn't want to waste any time. She is giving him a chance this month to gain but we need serious prayers that he can do it!
I wanted to post a little video of the Munchkin eating, he really is doing so well. He used to throw-up when anything thicker than liquid touched his tongue. I am so proud of him! He is quite the little ham when I pull out the camera:)
Monday, April 14, 2008
The view from my kitchen
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Thursday night we went to the park, it was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time.
Friday we were also busy can't remember what we did all day but we picked up the Prince from school and then went to get dinner at Carls' Jr. Then off to t-ball practice. It was so much easier to have help at practice. I told my Husband that I felt like I was on vacation having him there to help. It was a treat for him because he never gets to be a part of those things. After practice, a friend of the Prince came over so her parents could go out to a movie. The kids had a blast, we rented Alvin and the chipmunks so when it was too dark to play outside they watched that. She left kinda late,which was fine, just all the kids were exhausted. The two big kids didn't go to bed until 10.
Saturday morning we had to be out of the house by 8am for a t-ball game. And by we I mean 4 kids and me, no husband. It was umm, terrible. I barely got to watch the game because the boys were sad. So I walked and walked. After the game, there was no snack. Whichever parent was in charge of snack forgot. I know it wasn't our turn because we did it last week. anyway the Prince was sad, so I had to promise him a cookie when we got home. Our city doesn't allow drive-thrus so unless I wanted to drive to the next city, a cookie is all I could promise. The we cam home and cleaned, cleaned. cleaned. At 4 we had to be at The Princes' school for a "spring fling". It sort of a carnival. The Prince got to have his best friend from pre-school and his family join us. It was so much fun. We stayed until it was over at 7. Everyone was exhausted. After washing the filthy children and giving them a snack, they all gladly went to bed, AND they didn't wake up until 7:45! Yeah for everyone!
My Husband is off at work form 7-3:30 and then we are going out together, no kids. There is a worship night at a local church we are going to. They were at our church last week but we couldn't go. We are so excited, it is a much needed break for some grown-up conversation and worship. What could be better than that?
The new haircut I was on the phone with my best friend, JodyAt the park
The Cotton Candy was a big hit for our friends' son and the Princess
Thursday, April 10, 2008
- The Bulldozer strikes again! He woke up at 5 am, we have already watched Toy Story.
- The Munchkin woke up at 5:30 to eat 7oz. and he did not spit it all up, YEAH!
- The Bulldozer has also found a new trick, climbing into the oven. I was standing in the kitchen at the sink and I turned around and he was in the oven. It starled me and I screeched.
- It was a similar screech to the one I yelled into the phone yeaterday when a friend called to invite me to lunch at her house. The Bulldozer had gotten through the gate I have up protecting the rest of the house from his curiosity, and joined me in the bathroom while I was cleaning it. My friend called right at that same moment, she did not even get two words out when I turned around to see him dunking his bottle in the toilet. I screeched 3 times. Sorry Reichel!
He is exhausting me!
By 11 am I will have taken the Prince to school, switched cars and handed over the kids to my husband who has already been at work this morning. I will have gone shopping and gotten my hair cut. Also the Munchkin will have already been to physical and occupational therapy.
I am tired, where's my coffee?
We haven't gotten the bungee cords yet, I need them. Maybe I should use them for the kids and not the chairs..... just kidding.
I can't even send The bulldozer outside, he rips all the flowers off the plants.
He's out of control.
Have a good day!!!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
This is what I found...
However, the Bulldozer has been in a amazing mood today since his very long nap. The teething pain must have subsided, for now. We went to a playdate with Mom 2 Mom at the park today. He was so good, until he started getting tired and in three minutes picked up someones (cold) coffee and spilled it on himself, emptied someone else's bag, grabbed another persons' sock, and started to empty a different persons' bag. He terrorized 4 people in record breaking time. Then we left, I was done. He was too, he fell asleep in the car.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Before going to bed I was trying to get the Princess to put her tea party set away, she was not listening. So I had to threaten to smack her bottom ( I usually only get to this point when I can take no more, and that is where I was) So she looks at me and straight ignores me, okay so I started to move closer to show her I would smack her bottom. She understood and sweetly picked up her toys. After thanking her I hear the Prince calling me "Mom, Mom" "Yes, what do you need?" I said. "Well, the next time you are going to smack her, I could do it for you!" "um well thanks Babe, But I think I will take care of it."
I was cracking up, he totally found a way to smack his sister without getting in trouble. He was probably thinking that THIS was a brilliant plan. Too bad I ruined it for him by not giving him permission.
On another note we did finish the garage except for the huge pile of donation stuff in the middle.
I will post pictures after we get rid of that stuff, maybe later today.
I also wanted to tell everyone why we call the bulldozer, the Bulldozer. When he was a baby he would roll onto anything he LOVED. Toys, our feet and especially his brother. He would always roll over him, like a bulldozer would. The munchkin was not as strong so he would scream because his big heavy brother was on top of him. He has kept that name because he now barrels through rooms and destroys stuff. The way he walks around just searching for the next thing he can get into is so funny.
Have a great day!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
- The way my family treats each other after we get home from church.
- Hearing someone totally praise their spouse. I also love seeing respect toward the spouse in action.
- That God gave my husband to me as a gift, and he is such a treasure to me.
- I could make that "church feeling" last all week.
- I could show respect for my husband by praising him to others and to him directly.
- I would realize the gift the Lord has given me more often.
There are so many times in a day where I can barely make it through the day much less think about extra things like brushing my hair, painting my toenails, respecting my husband, you know,things like that. My husband and I just get so used to making it through the day that some days by the end of the day I look at him and say "Have you been wearing that shirt all day?" We don't even have time to notice each other. Not on purpose, just as a survival method.
- Going to make that "Church feeling" last all week, I will find a way.
- Going to devote more time to my husband, listening when he talks, trusting his judgement (without questioning him), and serving him (I want to bring him a glass of water when I think he may be thirsty...).
- Going to thank the Lord every day for my husband.
- Going to devote more time to reading the Bible. I usually save it for the end of the day because I have time then, but I am usually tired so I don't get to read as much as I would like. I am going to make it a priority, instead of a side note.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
- We have already attended a t-ball game. My husband is off on the weekends now so there is a lot less stress regarding said games.
- We are organizing the garage today. It is ridiculous. DH(Dear Husband) is at Costco getting another shelf unit and Lowes purchasing wood for a long shelf.
- Both Babies are napping right now, nice!
- The princess is enjoying a juice box, they are only for special occasions, she is feeling very lucky.
- The Prince is at his Dad's house this weekend, I miss him. I always want to call just to see what he is doing. I used to call all the time. I now refrain from doing so, it just annoys his Dad and him for that matter, He has better things to do than talk to his Mom on the phone. That's a six year-old for you.
- At 4:30 we have to be at the church to serve in the two year-old room. I love being there with DH. I love watching how wonderful he is with the kids. He was so meant to be a father, good thing we have a lot of kids.
- After church is always interesting, everyone is starving, all children must bathe (it's my rule, every night they have too get all the germs off of them from that day.), and then bedtime. It is always rushed but somehow it is still enjoyable.
That is the plan for the day, hopefully we will be able to finish the garage today so it doesn't have to take over tomorrow too.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
WooHoo! My best friend in the whole world figured out a way to save this video to her computer AND post it on my blog. Thank you Jody!!!! I e-mailed the link to everyone thinking it would be deleted by Fox soon. Thank you for watching. This video sheds a positive light on TTTS, which was not the initial feelings I got when we found out we had it. With awareness comes hope!