Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, what a day!

Well, it has been interesting so far. At therapy they informed me that the munchkin has been having crying fits- (I affectionately call them tantrums) and that they can't do therapy because he is screaming so much. Then they asked me if I knew how to control them-Ummm, no that's the main problem in our house! They also asked me if there was a better time in the day when we could do therapy, when he is in a better mood. Ummmm, no again, it's pretty much whenever you can catch him (or his twin for that matter) in a good mood and if you give him his way.

Then, when I got home I got an e-mail from The Prince's teacher reporting that he is not doing what he is supposed to be doing in school today.

Then, I got a call from my Dad, he was in a bad mood from something that went on today so that brings me down.

And then, finally (well for now anyway) I got a call from the Prince's step-mom saying that football practice would be starting tomorrow and she would come and pick him up at 4:30 then take him to practice at 6:00 and then return him at 7:15 on my weeks, two times per week. And then games are on Friday's. Ummm, I don't think so! I will be taking him to practice on my weeks so that will be an added stress, but at least I am not without my boy for that many hours. I am extremely selfish with my time with my boy. His friends always want him to come over to play and I have the hardest time letting him go. I only see him half the time in a month already, it is so hard to relinquish any extra time that I may have with him.

As I was writing this my best friend from Boston called me. When I heard her voice I started crying. I told her all about my terrible day and just talking to her made me feel better.

I just got off the phone with another friend and we are going to have a playdate tomorrow. The Lord sure knew who to send me to change my day from terrible to much better. Thank you friends!!!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Sorry about your rough day. Sometimes it is hard to be everyone's encourager, trainer, supporter.... You are doing a great job. I'm glad you are surrounded by friends to lift you up.

Kelly said...

I'm sorry you had a horrible day. I'll cheer you up at the park tomorrow. Reese's peices maybe? :)

Hailey said...

I like how Kelly bribed you with food in her comment - that's what friends are for huh?

Poor Munchkin and his fits - I'll be praying for him. . . and for you that you are getting enough time with the Prince.