Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Frustration

Okay I am frustrated about a few too many things and I feel I need to vent a bit...
The frustration began at the munchkins' appointment in Loma Linda. When they weighed him we realized that last month he weighed 14.3 lbs. and this month he weighs 14.0 lbs. Ummm this is not the direction we are supposed to be going. So I am feeling very sad about the fact that my son doesn't prefer to eat and in turn is not gaining. He has been more active so the loss isn't that disappointing, right. Wrong! While the dietician is in the room with me she makes mention that the GI doctor may want to put in a feeding tube... WHAT?!? I was so not prepared for that information, I just began to cry, how am I failing so miserably at feeding my child? How can it be this hard for someone to gain weight? It has never been hard for anyone I know to gain weight, it's always losing it that takes the effort.
I have one more month to try to fatten him up, and like every month before I am hopeful that he'll be able to do it. They have switched him to a higher calorie formula. When the babies came home from the hospital they were on a 22 calorie per ounce formula. When he first began to not gain weight they increased it to 24 then 27 now it is at 30. Well he is starting another new formula and it is 45 calories per oz. Wow that is a lot! We are praying that he will be able to tolerate it without any stomach upset or pain.

Onto frustration #2: Traffic
Why in the world are people sooo rude, if someone has their blinker on why can't you just let them over. Especially if there is a freeway on-ramp on the side that the person is trying so desperately trying to get to. Yes, this is what happened to me yesterday and actually today too, minus the freeway on-ramp. I think I am just not aggressive enough. I generally don't just jump in front of someone, but yesterday when NO ONE would let me over, (and believe me they all knew I wanted to get over, my poor little blinker was just blinking away) I was either going to take my place in front of rude car #45 or continue going straight and have to make 2 u-turns. There is no way I was about to chance getting lost. Every time I go to Loma Linda I get lost whether is is going there or coming. If I happen to make it there without getting lost, they will have all on-ramps closed when it is time for me to leave and I will have to drive around for 20 minutes trying to find one and then sit in traffic for 30 min -this really happened. Why can't people be more patient and kinder, and while we are at it, how about thoughtful?....
So anyway, I watched until a car was far enough back for me to jump in front safely and I did, and he honked at me. I did not cause danger I had to get over. I was so upset, if I could have been blogging while I was driving....

No comments: