Saturday, August 14, 2010

We interrupt these regularly scheduled vacation pictures...

...to discuss our dinner tonight. I had some boneless skinless chicken thighs that I got on sale at Henry's. I never buy thighs I always buy breasts so I had no idea what to do with them. I had some coconut milk in my pantry that I didn't know what to do with either. Sooo, I went on an internet search for recipes and I found a few but I didn't have most of the ingredients. Well I found one where I was only missing one main ingredient (rice vinegar-which I sent Brad to the store for) and I had similar substitutions for other things I was missing. The Chicken is Sticky coconut chicken with chili glaze and then to accompany I made sesame noodles. Holy cow!! dinner was so good, and the amazing part... my kids devoured it! They were begging for more chicken WITH sauce. I thought for sure it was going to be too spicy for them. I did not have the chili oil for the noodles or the chili flakes for the chicken so I just used tabasco and chili powder and kind of added stuff just to give it a little kick. They all loved it! After dinner they wanted some cheese and did some sort of goofy butt cheese dance, and you are lucky enough to see a video of it!

Sooo, make these recipes for dinner it was easy and delicious. I especially loved the noodles, Yum!

No comments: