Friday, August 13, 2010

Pig Roast

The pig roast was awesome! At first I wasn't so sure how I would feel about the whole pig roast situation but being there I was so happy I almost started crying. There was family that I hadn't seen in 10 years or longer and bluegrass music playing and a giant 95 pound pig being BBQ'd and cornhole going on in the background. This is family, this is what a get together should look like. 50 people all hanging out- some related, some not, all enjoying their time together. It was fantastic. It made me realize all that I have been missing out here in California. The only real, related family I had was my mom and dad. And now that they are both gone it is just me and my family. Brad has his mom and grandma out here and some other family a few hours away. I want to move, we want to move but we can't figure out how.There is a whole ex-husband situation for me and someone would have to give up summers and someone would have to give up the school year. We are trying to figure it out. Anyway, there were ladies there that were making homemade peach ice cream-it was soooo delicious!!! Pop was so excited about the ice cream and the pig roast.  By the way Pop was driving around my daughter on his ATV and I should mention that he is almost completely blind and I was terrified wondering why in the world he was riding around on that thing. I also should explain cornhole... in Brad's words it is redneck horseshoes. Bags of corn, like bean bags thrown into a piece of wood with a hole in it. Simple but very fun.
She was hot and tired and found a chair to have her dinner
Enjoying the bluegrass music
Being helped out of a hole he fell in
My cousin Jessica and her husband Clark. They were playing cornhole
Cornhole!

This kid has candy hooked to his shorts!
The munchkin playing cornhole


I forgot to post about going into Baltimore and visiting Dad's old house. That will be tommorow.

No comments: