- Organic Milk- I have been buying only organic milk, on sale and we have really been paying more attention to when the bulldozer has it in his cup, making sure he doesn't leave it somewhere and it goes back in the fridge.
- Vinegar and baking soda (separately of course) to clean, I have been doing that for a while now. I still have a lot of traditional cleaners so I am trying to use those up before I buy natural cleaners.
- Indoor plants- we have 7 now, so that is really cleaning our air. We really notice how stale the kids rooms are without having the plants in there.
- Natural meat-We have been purchasing natural chicken and beef from Henry's only on sale, which is by the way, the BEST meat we have ever had!
- On sale items- Organic items can be pricey so I have really been paying attention to purchase only when on sale. I am currently watching for a sale on the seventh generation brand dish washing detergent, laundry soap, and dish washing liquid. I have also been purchasing organic fruit on sale only and the locally sourced eggs they sell at Henry's.
I watch Get Fresh with Sara Snow and I have gotten most of these ideas from her show.If you love purchasing your foods instead of making them, Do Not Click On The Link Below!!!
I have also started making more things from scratch. The major one is peanut butter. I read this article on the Internet, I had heard about it a long time ago, but didn't believe it. Now I do believe it and I am trying to make more things from scratch and buying things closer to their natural state. The insects don't bother me terribly, it is the rodent hair part that disgusts me.
This Peanut Butter recipe is so easy and the kids love it!
I added some honey to sweeten it up a bit.
I will share other things we are doing to be green and healthy! Share any tips you may have also please.