Monday, April 28, 2008

First Grade

I totally thought that Kindergarten was the cutest grade. I mean seriously, the kids don't know what to expect, they don't know what they are doing, where to go, finally by the end of the year they begin to "catch on" that this is school and we will be doing this for a while. Now that we are in First grade I am amazed at the learning that is taking place. All of a sudden the Prince can read chapter books, without my help. What? Where did that come from, it seems like just last week he was begging me not to read to him and for me to "drop him out of school". Then it just clicked, he raises his hand in class to read in front of the class, Wow, I am so impressed! And I cannot get over the gaping hole in his mouth. It is so stinkin' adorable, I can't take it! Sometimes he whistles when he talks, come on now, how cute can you be??? I love him to pieces, I tell him all the time, I kiss him when he tries to talk to me and I get a glimpse of that very empty mouth. It cracks me up when he takes a bite of his food and the food has definite evidence that he is missing teeth. He is my angel, he is caring and smart and told me one day that "I just want to play Mom!" That is what he wants out of life, to play, he will find a way, I know him! He completely adores his siblings and he has been caught many times reading to his sister. Such a good boy! He puts up with his siblings destroying his "heroes" and his homework. I am proud of him!! I wonder if second-graders are as cute? I will find out soon enough. This picture was the first night we had his new baseball uniform, he insisted that THIS is the way the socks go. I can't wait to show him this when he is older!

No comments: